Sunday 17 January 2016

What a difference ...

.... a day makes.  Where does all this white stuff come from?  When Dad and then Mum took me out in the garden at 3am for my usual bathroom call, it was falling out of the sky.  I was jolly glad to get that business out of the way and go back inside to snuggle down under my blanket again.  I do love my comfort.



 This morning it was still there, all over the ground, and Mum did a bit of sliding around getting up the bank from the roadway to the field.  I was fine, of course.  I have four legs, she only has two.  A basic flaw in the design of humans I reckon.


That line across the middle of the pic is where the river runs.  I love having a paddle, but I got a bit of a shock when I jumped in today - it was so very very cold.  I jumped out again in a hurry, I can tell you!  Even Toffee decided to dig up stones in the field instead of his usual digging place - the river, and Toffee isn't the brightest star in the sky, besides having a shaggy coat, so you wont catch me getting my paws wet in freezing water again soon!





All the good smells have disappeared under the snow, so to find them I have to root around with my nose.  Result - very little smell and very cold nose.  Forget it!




All the gang have coats on.. Whimps.  I keep warm out there by running fast, even around and around in circles.  Keep running, keep warm.  Stop and its really time to go home.



Oh do come ON, Mum.  Get me home to breakfast and a nice warm bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment