Thursday 12 May 2016

Update ... and a neighbourhood adventure

Things are looking up.  Lots of lovely warm sunshine for me to sleep in, and a bit of activity over the fields with Dad twice a day.

Mind you, things have been a bit hectic for me lately, so I need my rest.  Some chaps came in and made a lot of mess in the kitchen.  I spread it all over the house, as I was helping all the time.  I got my nose into places I didn't even know existed - like the back of the airing cupboard.  You would not believe what you can find on the floor at the back of the airing cupboard when someone conveniently removes that big copper tank.  Odd socks mostly, and a lot of dust - but then dust covers everything when the kitchen ceiling is pulled down - even me if I stay still long enough.  Anyway, they are gone now so its back to the usual.  Mum is very pleased with her new kitchen and I am very pleased with the rug on the floor, so much softer on my bottom as I watch Mum preparing food.

With the nice weather I have been able to get out into the garden, and do a bit of investigating.  Next door put up a new fence and its lower than the last one which means I can see over the top if I stand on my back legs.  I dont jump over it though, I have found a secret escape!  Its so well hidden by the

shrubs and compost bin it avoided detection  long enough for me to explore the neighbours gardens.  Their new fence does not quite meet the wire fence at the end of our garden, and by determined pushing I have managed to bend the wire mesh out enough to wiggle through.  I got through the one on the other side of our next door neighbours garden by the same method, and found a very nice girl who was eating her breakfast in the garden.  She was so startled to see me that she left her breakfast and ran indoors.  I ate her breakfast for her. That was when Mum realised I was missing!  I got collared and taken home.  Never mind, it was fun while it lasted.

See what Mum has put on our lawn.  Silly sheep.  Dad thinks they are a bit daft too.  If she thinks I'm rounding up these three, she can think again, I'm a bird-dog not a sheep-dog!

Mum is walking again, but cant drive, so its still Dad taking me out over the fields every day, but it shouldn't be too long before Mum can take me over the meadows to play.  Maybe cousin Vivienne will bring Woody (a faster than lightening Jack Russel) and we can have a good chase.  That would be nice.

Ah well, snooze time.

No comments:

Post a Comment