Sunday 5 June 2016

A Pointer's work is never done ....

Besides being totally gorgeous I am very helpful, you know.  Pointers are extremely intelligent.  That means that I can help my folks out with any number of chores around the home.  Being intelligent means that I do like to get my nose into most things.  Dad reckons that the rustle of a crisp packet half a mile away gets my immediate attention.  He also reckons that I can break the sound barrier getting to it.  Well, that is just one of my many talents.

I help Mum make the bed, for instance :



Just checking that the corners are properly tucked in.


Helping to straighten the top sheet.  When that is laid down to my satisfaction I will check those corners as well.


Checking out the final result.  Making sure its fit for us all to sleep on.  After all, you would not want to go up to bed tired and then find out that its uncomfortable. ....  so I comfort check it for us all.







I help with taking out the trash.






...and check the recycling.  Its good to make sure that only the recycling is present, no odd bits of general trash.  I will go check the general trash next, providing they dont come home from shopping before I can get to it.


There is something else that I am extraordinarily good at ..... washing the dishes :

Why ever they had to go and get a new dishwasher I cant imagine - I am a really efficient dishwasher, and its no trouble at all, really it isn't .....and just think, the money saved on electricity could be used to buy me extra treats ... sausages would be good, and dont forget that I like hotdog sausages best.

Ah well, all those  household chores have tired me out, I think its time to go check the bed again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment