Monday 20 June 2016

Making hay and chasing play.

I've been down the fields with Dad for the past few days, so when Mum took me over the meadows I had quite a shock.  There was this machine and it was cutting all the lovely long grass.  I like that long grass, its where I do my best bouncing, so I was a bit miffed.






It was going up and down the field dragging a big cutting machine behind it.  When it came down near us I gave the driver my best "I am NOT amused look".










It must have worked because he only cut half the field, leaving the other half for 'the wildlife'.  I reckon that means me, cos I like going wild in the long grass.



Met up with a couple of mates and we went sniffing around a bit, had a good paddle in the river and got our legs really covered in mud.  Mum reckoned it was time to take me along to the splash so I could wash off all mud.  The splash has a nice sandy bottom, and lots of dogs go there to play.  There is even a log bench for Mum to sit on while I do my thing.





Dora was already there.  She is a Spaniel, and like all Spaniels completely bonkers.  She has a one-track mind and lives to run after the ball or stick her Mum throws for her.  Its a bit difficult to get her to play Chase Callie .... but I found the way ...




... I got there first and nicked her stick! .....  it wasn't difficult because my legs are much longer than her little stumpy Spaniel legs and I go faster ....... and I ran off with it.











Right across the splash into the reeds on the other side .. I did lead her a merry chase. 


I got pretty wet, but Dora was soaked.  All that Spaniel hair dripping .. I thought her Mum was really pleased.



Dora's Mum took her home.  I expect she was tired out with all that splashing about and the weight of all that wet hair.  Pointers have a lot more energy than that though ...




.... I was still running ...

No comments:

Post a Comment