Sunday 14 May 2017

Off to the Country ..

They turfed me off the bed at 7.30 on Friday, which I thought was a bit over-enthusiastic of them until I realised that the time had come - we were going on holiday!  Thank goodness for the new wheels - there was room for two of my beds, plus their boots, which meant I could stretch out, roll over, and generally make myself comfortable for the long trip.

We stopped just about every hour so I could have a stroll.  They wanted me to wee, but I wasn't about to do that - a Lady does NOT wee in public.  Mum got a bit anxious, but Dad said "Callie will wee when she is ready".  Right on, Dad.

In one of the places we stopped there was a wonderful smell coming out of a van with a window.  There was a man inside cooking sausages - big long fat sausages.  Mum got one in a bread roll - with ketchup.  I just love sausages in a roll with ketchup so I helped Mum eat her's.  After all, it was much too big for her to eat all by herself.  Dad had a massive beefburger in a roll, so I helped him out too.  Good stop that, will watch out for that place on the way back.







This is the front of the cottage we are staying in.  Its called Woodpecker Cottage.  This morning, from the bedroom window (which goes all the way down to the floor so we have lots of view) we watched a Greater Spotted Woodpecker tapping his way up and down the fence posts of the field next door.  Its real country here.





In the next cottage there are four dogs.  They will have to walk past our back gate to get to the field behind or the little car park, so I thought I would sit here and wait for them.

Its only neighbourly, after all, to say hello.







Its been such a busy day.  I'll just sit here until Dad gets my dinner up, and after that its definitely time for bed.  Tomorrow promises to be most interesting so I will need some sleep if I am to stay on top of the game - and make sure the folks get enough exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment