Wednesday 23 December 2015

Paying the Price for a Duck Roll

Traumatised.  Totally. ... and it wasn't just Her this time, my lovely Daddy actually helped Her instead of rescuing me! .... the shampoo and buckets of warm water torture .... then, to crown it all, She could still smell some of the good stuff I rolled in ... and she sprayed me, SPRAYED me with that awful dog deodorant stuff .... and she said she could still smell it and that it ought to be done ALL OVER AGAIN .. but Dad did rescue me then - I think he was tired of getting all those buckets of water ... anyway I escaped then.  I'm staying close to Dad .. and not going anywhere near Her nose, no, not all ...

.. but, oh boy, was it worth it!  I managed to get across the river at a shallow part and splashed around in the muddy reeds ... and you will never guess what my nose told me .. DUCKS it said, ducks were here not long ago ... so they must be near ...

I climbed up the bank and found farm fields, lovely to run across the ploughed up mud.  Also they had spread something really pungent all over the place, and I managed to find a spot where they had dropped a heap of it, so I had a lovely lovely roll.  I could see Mum on the other side, waving her arms about and jumping up and down.  Doing exercises or something ... nothing to do with me ...

Had a smashing time, running free and then came back to the river to hunt through the undergrowth on the banks ... and there they were ... three of them .... on the river - sitting ducks!  Well, they weren't sitting for long, I can tell you.  I had them up in the air squawking their silly heads off ..

Dont know what ducks use for brains, but the daft things just flew up the river a bit and then settled down again .... so I had another go, and up they went again.  Only this time they really flew away - spoilsports ... and talking about spoilsports, when I went back to Mum all bouncy and pleased with myself, she brought me home and inflicted the water torture on me.

...... but with a bit of luck I might get to do it all over again ....

PS  Mum said they had been muck-spreading .....with chicken manure and the stuff off the bottom of the cow shed and pig sties ...

PPS  ...and she send my lovely Dad out to try to clean the stink out of the back of the car ... good luck with that Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment