Sunday 20 September 2015

Lazy Sunday?


Its Sunday - goodness gracious where does time go?  I've been here more than a week and my Mum and Dad say they cant imagine life without me.  Mind you, I reckon I've worn their legs down an inch or two in the last 7 days.

I meet a lot of dogs when Mum takes me to Riverside Park or along the path through the meadows to the Mill.  I'm still quite shy and it takes me a while to make a friend, but I really like Roxy.  She's a Newfoundland, big, black and very hairy - and she loves to play in the river.  When Roxy is there to give me a bit of encouragement I'm getting quite a lot braver - will go in almost to my tummy now - but only when Roxy is there.

Every morning I clear the park of crows.  I will get a tail-feather one day, I'm sure I will if I keep at it.  I know I'm a bird dog, and I have shown Dad how to put up pheasants and partridges from the crops a few times now, but I got a bit of a shock yesterday when I came across this one.  Well, actually there were 4 of them in gang.  This one stood taller than me.  So there are times when discretion is called for:
(a)  when the bird is bigger than me
(b) when its got back-up
(c) when it looks fierce and could end up chasing ME!
That is when its time to pretend I cant see it and go back to the car - and hope they open the door real quick so I can make a sharp exit.  Swans - even young swans - are not part of my job description.

No comments:

Post a Comment