Wednesday 16 September 2015

Wed 16th Sept 2015

Hi Folks, my name is Calypso, but you can call me Callie.
I have been here in my forever home, with a new Mum and Dad for 4 days now and I do believe they have settled down nicely.  Of course I had to quickly make a few rules - simple basic things like 'Callie sleeps on the bed' and if you expect me to come back when you blow that whistle you had better have a piece of sausage on offer.  They are fairly bright and caught on fast.  I dont think I shall have any trouble training them.


We have a reasonable routine established already.  I wake them up by the simple nose-in-the ear method in the morning and take one of them, usually Mum, out for a walk while the one left behind gets my breakfast - rice crispies and milk - so its waiting for me when I get home.  Mum took me to a field where lots of dogs run and play on my first moring here.  Now I take her each moning get to romp around and stretch my legs.  I love running really fast, and can get to the other side of a 30 acre field in no time flat,  so its a good job she has that whistle.  Without the whistle I couldn'd hear her call so I wouldnt know when she had a piece of sausage waiting.  I like sausage.

I also like smells, and there are so many fascinatng smells in that field.  In fact, I think there must be a fox somewhere near, because the new running mate I met this morning has rolled in something deliciously pungent.

No comments:

Post a Comment