Monday 28 September 2015

So much to do ..

I love it over the bridleway, so much room.  I am, of course, a real runner, and this gave me the opportunity to roam over fields - crops are all gone - and to charge up and down the path.  We went a long long way and I quite wore Mum out.  You can see how fast I can go by the way my ears are swept back by the wind generated by my sheer speed.

Also, there was a very interesting new scent.  Rabbits. and a smell I have found before - fox.  But this time I was so far away over the field that I got in a good roll before Mum caught up with me.  I really dont know why she objects so much.  When I got home I was brushed, sprayed with doggie deodorant - callled Grooming Spray - and all the delightful pong of fox was gone.  I ended up smelling like a powder puff.  Disgusting.

New day, new friends.  Met a baby mastiff and a rolypoly beagle. Its such fun when there are friends around, but this morning we were there too early for the others so I had to entertain myself. While investigating the undergrowth around the edge I found a bone. Well, I mean, a bone! It just had to be done. Mum did not approve so I took off with it. Mum followed. I think she must have been saying something but I closed my ears. Every time she got close I took off again. I must admit I did lead her a merry chase for quite a while. Then she got crafty and pulled out the treats bag. Now that was a bid of a dilemna.  Bone or sausage? Sausage or bone? While I was making up my mind she got close enough to grab me. For some reason Mum had a sense of humour failure, clipped on my lead and took me home.  She not amused - but Dad said "come on Georgeous, come and sit with me for a while".  Mum soon got over it though, no-one can stay cross with me, cos I am georgeous and I have such beautiful eyes .....





To change the subject, let me introduce you to Public Enemy No.1.  The cat next door.  When I sit up straight on our bed and look out of the window I can see the roof of our neighbours extention.  Its a sunny spot, and about as close to our bird table as you can get from next door (about 6ft away).  Its the enemy's favourite spot to do a bit of bird watching..... and the bed is my favourite spot to do a bit of cat watching ...

Mum says its called Tinkerbell.  I call it Lunch.


                                                                              
                                   




No comments:

Post a Comment